Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Life Altering Day

One day… just one small day left of my college days… and along with me, it’s the same last day for a bunch of others who attended the same college I did… And as I sat thinking about tomorrow… the day that’ll mark the change in each of our lives, it struck me like a thunderbolt: Perhaps this’ll be the last chance I’ll ever get to say all those things I’ve been meaning to say…

Everything will change as we take the last step towards the end of this journey and the beginning of a new destination. Lots of uncertainty will surround each of the decisions we’ll take from tomorrow. But no matter what, the decision lies in our own hands… whether we chose to continue along the same way we travelled, or to take a newer path. No one can guarantee how that path’s gonna be… we’ll have to experience it for ourselves, just like we experienced these 4 years.

Many things happened these 4 years which moulded our personalities in ways we can never imagine. Be it a friendly chat with our adorable friends; a boring class that we attended but managed to entertain ourselves by making fun of others (well, generally the person who stood on the dais! J ) ; a new opportunity that we dared to explore for the first time (the fest); the smiles on our faces when we successfully managed to have our lunch when a serious class was going on; the many hours we kept staring at our watches during the never ending classes to while away the time, somehow wishing it were 2.40 :p ; the sense of excitement we felt at the sound of a bunk; or even a heated argument with our classmates,…

All these did have an effect on us in some way or the other… they managed to change our attitudes and our perspectives in ways we can never imagine coz none of us can believe what we have become at the end of this 4 year long journey. We have all lived so many experiences together, learning about each other… exploring the many different personalities we came across along this path.

I may have seemed different to different people, but all I would like to say is that I never meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. Maybe I’m not like everyone, but I’m grateful for what I’ve become because of the various experiences I got to encounter these 4 years. All I can wish for now is for all of you to have bright and brilliant futures. Hope each one of you fulfils your dream. And finally hope you all FARE WELL in your lives!

ALL THE VERY BEST!



2 comments:

feelings beyond words.. said...

Nice one Sharmista!! :)
I'm feeling happy, the second batch I taught is OUT now!!
for you its 4 years of college life!! and for me 2 years of experience!!
yes, it was little annoying, more of amusing, and totally an amazing college life!! :)

Have bright future ahead!! all the best :)

SARMISHTA said...

Thank you sir... :)
Frankly speaking, you were the only good thing that ever happened to DRK ... while I was there... :)

Post a Comment

Feel free to post your comments as that will enable me to make any changes necessary...anyone can post comments